Make Your Eyelashes Grow (or Faux Mink Lashes)
How many of us have lusted after movie star Faux Mink Lashes? We all want full, long, thick eyelashes that accentuate our eyes and draw people in. If you are like most women, you have tried some of the common solutions out there-false eyelashes, eyelash extenders, loading on the mascara, or eyelash curling.
Any one of these solutions can make your eyes look great, but they come at a price to the health of your lashes, and in some cases, at a price to your pocketbook.
Faux Mink Lashes are affordable
You can buy them at any beauty supply store or at most drug stores. It takes a little experience and trial and error to put false eyelashes on correctly. You should make sure you carefully remove the lashes and glue and then condition your Faux Mink Lashes. Continual use of false eyelashes can cause your lashes to become brittle and fall out.
Eyelash extenders can also make your lashes look longer
These involve adhering wisps of hair to your existing eyelashes. It is relatively expensive costing between $300 and $500 for a full set. The sessions can take between one and a half to two hours to apply, so be patient. Since your lashes naturally fall out, the extensions will also fall out and you will have to have them renewed. A “touch up” can cost about $200. As with false eyelashes, extenders can also be unhealthy for your eyelashes.
If you really want to make your eyelashes to grow naturally
Use these alternatives sparingly and for special occasions. Over time, they will take their toll on your eyelashes. Even mascara has harmful effects if you don’t give your lashes a break from its use and if you don’t remove it at night. You can condition your Faux Mink Lashes with vitamin E or Vaseline. There is a non-petroleum based Vaseline if you prefer not to use petroleum products around your eyes. Apply these at night and comb them through with an eyelash brush.
If you want to make your eyelashes grow, try an eyelash enhancement serum. You apply these just like your eyeliner and within 2-4 weeks, you will have thicker, fuller, and darker eyelashes. You can even use these to thicken your eyebrows.
Make-Up Application And Your Faux Mink Lashes
The application of fake eyelashes can be a very frightening thing for a good many women. Because of this daunting fear, many women don’t ever manage to learn the ins and out of it. But it is their loss, since applying false eyelashes can be most dramatic way of enhancing your makeup. It takes you from day to night makeup with one simple easy application. Basically it can be just a simple extra step during your Make Up Application process, and you have that dramatic movie star look that you wish you had, but never knew you could achieve on your own (yes, even without your own makeup artist!!).
The application of the fake eyelashes is quite simple, merely take the Faux Mink Lashes strip and cut it to fit your eyes. Then you apply a thin, even layer of glue along the edge and inside edges of the strip. Wait for 30 seconds until it is tacky, then apply from inner eyes first and carefully press as close to your lashes as possible, adhering the whole eyelash strip until you reach the outer area of your eye. Hold in place for 30 more seconds, pressing firmly. Now that we have covered the application of the false eyelashes, here are a few Makeup Application tips which will help to make your false eyelashes look much more natural and indeed, make the process easier.
1. First before the application of any fake eyelashes, curl your natural lashes with an Eye Lash Curler. (That way your natural eyelashes will blend in with the artificial curl of the fake eyelashes)
2. Add a coat of mascara after curling your real eyelashes. This helps to hold in the curl from the eye lash curler. Do not apply too many layers of mascara, just a coat will do, you do not want spider lashes sticking out from under your fake eyelashes!
3. After you have pressed on and applied your fake eyelashes, sweep another coat of mascara through your eyelashes and the false eyelashes, blending them, so you can not tell that the false eyelashes are not your own. Mainly work on blending the mascara from the bottom of the eyelashes, not adding too much at the tips. You do not want to have fake looking lashes, so do not go too crazy on the mascara! this step is mainly for blending purposes, the Faux Mink Lashes already achieving the height and drama on their own.
4. Now take an eyeliner pencil (or for a more neat and precise makeup look use liquid eyeliner) and draw over the strip attached to your eye, carefully blending and covering any glue that may be visible.
5. Add a eyeshadow color and blend over so that your whole look looks very seamless, without any over emphasis being on huge and tacky eyelashes.
Using these tips, you are sure to achieve gorgeous eyes for that glamorous night out. You will have people remember how gorgeous your eyes looked, and not how bad of a fake eyelash application you had. Good luck!